Senior Manager, Web Features & Innovation
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr Manager IS, GCOIS
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) and the team is responsible for stability, scalability and maintainability of web platform which hosts 250+ user-facing websites across the globe.
At Amgen, web platform is essential in building great relationships with our patients and customers. You will be partnering with various Amgen teams (such as marketing, patient support, data & analytics, corporate affairs) and external parties to
to help define and prioritize features of the web experience. You wil primary responsible for building and govering reusable component library, establish web standards and templates and reducing overall lead time when it comes to build and deploy web assests. You will also lead a team of individual contributors and partner with them to grow their careers in Amgen.
Do you enjoy guiding teams through ambiguous situations and love building a highly motivated team with a culture of transparency, empathy and acceptance? Come join us!
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing a team of talented individual contributors, with growing expectations around individual ownership and impact. Youll support your team through 1:1s and clear, measurable goals at the team and individual level.
- Lead program increment planning events (including Big Room Planning) and help shape roadmap for the team.
- Mentor/guide team on agile delivery model using scrum/kanban methodologies
- Collaborate with other teams to get ahead of cross-team dependencies
- Responsible to build and govern reusable component library and web templates
- Responsible for career development focused on building broad set of web-related skills in team members, including Sitecore, Cloud Compute (AWS EC2), Google Analytics, Request Management (Jira), and Reporting / Data Visualization Tools (Tableau).
- Guide/unblock the team on day-to-day tactical delivery of feature improvements for our web portfolio.
- Form relationships across other IS teams focusing on identifying and leading initiatives to reduce friction between teams and improve teams efficacy.
- Work closely and follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Seek opportunities to improve POC and Pilot process in order to make more efficient the process of failing-fast and moving valuable applications from POC/Pilot to Production Scale
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a technology leader with these qualifications -
- Strong track record of staff development while focussing on both long term career planning and yearly goal setting.
- Prior experience managing large scale web platform with deep knowledge of Content Management System, Google Analytics and AWS Cloud technologies.
- Understanding of mobile and web development and good UI/UX practices to deliver applications that efficiently and effectively meet the customer needs
- Ability to think strategically about technology, recommend solutions that align with IS and business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact
- Experience using at least one scripting language like Python and repository/versioning tools such as GitHub
- Demonstrated high learning agility with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal and decision making skills
- Exposure to complete product development life cycle from requirements to integration and testing
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experienceOr
Master s degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experienceOr
Bachelor s degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experienceOr
Associate s degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Cloud experience
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.