Sr Manager - Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems
Sr Manager/Architect - Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems
This role is in Thousand Oaks, CA
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for operational readiness of manufacturing and related technologies. Additionally, the role will develop and continuously align the site manufacturing digital ecosystem with rapidly changing business needs and Amgen IS technical roadmaps. They will support complex and exciting IS initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and operational excellence.
This role is required to possess strong domain expertise in Manufacturing, Data Management and Operations Technologies. Technical experience is required in manufacturing execution systems, data historian technologies and integration tools. This candidate is expected be proficient and enthusiastic in the areas of Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing and leveraging data and digital technologies to transform manufacturing operations.
- You and your team will help build the Manufacturing Technology ecosystem for clinical and commercial products.
- Solve significant business problems using design thinking and agile implementation.
- Shape Amgens future by engaging business partners and architects to develop and execute a multi-year roadmap for the commercial and clinical Manufacturing Technology ecosystem.
- Pilot & Industrialize Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing technologies
- Influence multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners, enterprise IS service partners, and vendors to maintain safe, secure & resilient systems for the site.
- Evaluate changes and minimize business impact due to planned and unplanned events.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly-motivated professional we seek is a creative leader who can design, deploy, and maintain Manufacturing Information & Technology Systems in the areas of data collection, historian, integration, & AI driven analytics for a drug substance, drug product, and final product manufacturing facility. Incorporation of the latest digital advancements in alignment with Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing principles will be a key guiding principle of the role.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of information systems or engineering experience
Masters degree and 6 years of information systems or engineering experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of information systems or engineering experience
Associates degree and 10 years of information systems or engineering experience
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of information systems or engineering experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Systems related field
- 8+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years of demonstrated ability in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Medical Device industries
- Strong experience in methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (e.g. SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
- 5+ years combined experience with the following product platforms: Data Historian and/or MES and/or Automation/Control Systems and/or Laboratory Systems
- Experience with software development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part 11 compliance, and GxP validation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
- Upbeat, innovative, and technically minded individual!
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.