Regional Sales Director - Inflammation - Florida
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Regional Sales DirectorLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have primary responsibility for regional sales activities and results. You will lead a sales force through District Sales Managers (DMs) and be responsible for achieving/exceeding sales goals by setting the strategic vision for the region and effectively coaching, motivating, hiring and retaining the right people and holding them accountable for delivering results.Specific requirements of the role include:
- Setting strategic direction and vision effectively translating and aligning brand strategies with overall team direction and vision
- Effectively leveraging and partnering with Amgen's internal and external resources to help remove barriers impacting teams success
- Serving as key interface with senior sales management and marketing
- Managing a team of DMs to maximize performance and conduct business in line with Amgens compliance and Business Conduct Standards
- Setting and maintaining high standards and accountability for results for regional staff
- Providing professional staff development and succession planning
- Conducting annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments
- Implementing corrective counseling when necessary
- Communicating business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis to senior management; participating in the formulation of brand strategic plans and vision setting; assisting in policy formulation and interpreting policy and programs for direct reports
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key customers in person and virtually. Travel to locations such as doctors offices, clinics and hospitals is required.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales leader we seek will have these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 4 years Sales/Marketing experience
- Masters degree & 8 years of Sales/Marketing years
- Bachelors degree & 10 years of Sales/Marketing experience
- 4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical / biotech product sales experience including 5+ years sales management experience
- Senior Sales Management experience
- Advanced degree
- Home office and/or marketing experience
- Experience in biologics
- Adaptability with our RSD Competencies:
- Thinking Strategically,
- Coaching & Developing Others,
- Leading through Change,
- Establishing a Culture of High Standards,
- Communicating with Impact,
- Motivating & Energizing Others
- Leveraging Business, Industry & Technical Knowledge
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.