Associate Pilot Plant- Process Development Scale Up
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Associate Pilot Plant- Process Development Scale Up
LiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will execute a variety of production and technology related operations in a large-molecule pilot plant.
The pilot plant is a collaborative environment to develop and test new technologies and applications. The pilot plant also provides critical technical support for technology transfers, process development, and scale-up / scale-down activities. The pilot plant delivers data and material to support process development of early and late stage clinical biologic molecules. In addition, the pilot plant prototypes and develops new technologies to support advancement of Amgens equipment and operations for current and future biologic facilities.
- Be hands on with scale up, bioreactor support, process monitoring, chromatography, various types of filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration and equipment cleaning
- Perform new product introductions, technology transfer, experiment design, equipment commissioning, and participate in equipment design
- Communicate results through authoring standard operating procedures, detailing results in electronic lab notebooks, manufacturing procedures, presentations, or meeting notes
- Analyze data, process results, summarize findings, and identify challenges to future commercial processes
- The successful candidate will also be able to work off hours or non-standard shifts
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The science-focused professional we seek is an organized and process driven with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Associates Degree and 4 years of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, process development or quality experienceOr
High School Diploma / GED and 6 years of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing, process development or quality experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biological Engineering, or related field and 2+ years experience
- Strong math, digital literacy and the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Work optimally in team and/or project environments
- An established record of championing a culture of safety in a lab or manufacturing setting
- Knowledge in troubleshooting process equipment issues including automation control strategies. Specific hands on experience with Delta V.
- Experience in the operation of control systems (Delta V) and method develop on GE purification systems using Unicorn.
- Experience in leading Operational Excellence (OE) efforts to drive efficiency and safety
- Proven ability to learn new systems and applications, and various new technologies
- Experienced in performing bioprocess unit operations in cell culture and/or purification
- Experience of process data analysis and interpretation
- Able to gown and gain entry to laboratory areas and stand for up to 8 hours in the Pilot Plant.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated analytical, project management, and continuous improvement
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.