Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking a collaborative and innovative scientist to join the Predictive Sciences group. As part of the Immunology, Cardiovascular, & Fibrosis (ICF) Predictive Sciences team, you would be responsible for helping advance Bristol Myers Squibb’s Immunology pipeline through the application of bioinformatics, machine learning, network analysis, and statistical approaches on multi-omics and single cell data sets. You would help design experiments and conduct analyses to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, and guide pre-clinical drug development decisions. You would communicate with colleagues across the organization and influence R&D at BMS, from target discovery through early-stage development.
- Collaborate with teams of multi-disciplinary scientists to define and execute analysis plans to address key gaps in early drug discovery programs using internal and external data (e.g. multi-omics, CRISPR, and single cell datasets)
- Develop statistical models and computational tools to enable data-driven target prioritization and drug combo nomination
- Drive implementation of predictive models to enable patient stratification, and illuminate biological mechanisms
- Communicate findings and recommend follow up actions in multiple settings (including 1:1, seminars, group, and project meetings)
- Work with external partners in academic and pre-competitve industrial collaborations (e.g. NIH Accelerating Medicines Partnership, Open Targets) to collect functional genomics data and integrative methods to empower future discovery efforts in immunology
- PhD from a recognized institution in a quantitative field such as computational biology/ computer science/ statistics/math with a good understanding of biology OR PhD from a bio-related field such as genetics, genomics, molecular biology with a good grasp of quantitative knowledge
- 1-2 years of post-graduate experience in computational biology research
- Experience analyzing and integrating high-dimensional molecular datasets such as multi-omics (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, proteomics etc) , single cell (CITE-seq, scRNA-seq, scATAC-seq), and/or CRISPR screen datasets
- Proficiency with at least one high-level programming language such as R or Python
- A good understanding of statistical methodologies and machine learning algorithms often applied in the computational biology/bioinformatics field
- Track record (such as scientific publications) in driving and advancing research projects/programs with computational/bioinformatics approach
- Scientific curiosity with an ability of self-learning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Background in immunology, T cell biology and/or epigenetics/epigenomics is a plus
- Working knowledge in Docker, AWS database systems is a plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.