Senior Research Associate I (Discovery Biology)
The Sr. Research Associate I will independently design and plan experiments, with supervisor review, to meet project goals. This role will require the ability of think critically and refine experimental methods, include a review of relevant scientific literature on technical aspects of the job requirements. This role will also require knowledge of data analysis and presentation, as well as the sharing of experimental findings in team settings.
- Perform cell-based assays including, but not limited to, cell proliferation, cell signaling, biomarker secretion, etc. that support pharmacology needs for internal projects.
- Perform flow cytometry-based experiments including analysis of ligand/receptor binding, receptor quantification, and intracellular cytokine detection in support of internal projects.
- Characterization of proteins of interest on primary cells.
- Experience with sterile technique and mammalian cell culture, including both established cell lines and culture of primary immune cells.
- Knowledge of functional assays for B cells, T cells and NK cells.
- Familiarity with analysis of scientific datasets, including FlowJo, Excel and GraphPad PRISM.
- Presentation of experimental results at project & department meetings.
- Assists more junior associates with troubleshooting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires working with biological and/or chemical hazards
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in a related scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.