Downstream Senior Scientist, Plasmid Process Sciences
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
Arranta Bio, seeks Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Sciences who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to help drive novel programs. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, flexible, and able to work efficiently across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, and innovative individuals with a deep scientific interest in downstream process development that can thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Develop and execute robust, scalable process for purification, filtration, and analytical characterization
· Design and improve processes related to recovery, scalability, and purity, prepare technical reports, SOPs, internal and external presentations
· Identify, evaluate, and implement new and existing technologies to improve process efficiency, control, and understanding
· Ensure effective, high-quality, timely and appropriate documentation in physical or electronic laboratory notebooks
· Effectively maintain good communication and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues and external partners for successful execution/completion of projects
· Prepare reagents, buffers, and equipment as needed to support experiments
· Independently design and execute protein purification experiments, interpret data, and work with team members to integrate results into process designs and overall project plans
· Design and validate downstream process conditions through resin and filter screening to find optimal clarification, capture and polishing steps for RNA products
· Test multiple liquid chromatographic techniques, solid-phase extraction, TFF, AEX, IEX, SEC etc
· Evaluate downstream process robustness and identify critical process parameters through DOE approaches
· Participate in the tech transfer and scale-up of developed processes to pilot and/or GMP manufacturing.
· Maintain diligent and organized records
· Clearly communicate results and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and senior management, assisting in project decision-making
· Work on problems of diverse scope (bridging upstream and downstream processes, manufacturing anomalies and analytical science), provide guidance to junior scientists
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
· B.S. and/or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field
· 5-10 years hands on experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical manufacturing practices, guidelines, management practices, cGMP knowledge, and production and planning operations.
· 5+ years in a Manufacturing/Operations Leadership role, leadership and management experience in a cGMP environment is required
· Experience in fermentation-based manufacturing preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)