Associate Scientist, Plasmid Process Sciences
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Associate Scientist for Plasmid Process Sciences performs experiments and process development supporting early to late stage plasmid process development. He/She will design, perform, and interpret experiments of varying complexity, support development plans and establishing robust, controlled manufacturing processes. The Associate Scientist will have basic to intermediate understanding of microbiology, fermentation, and/or DNA purification technology and process. The Scientist will be a part of a team of technical personnel as well as work collaboratively in a cross-functional team supporting ongoing development and tech transfer of processes from clients and into GMP manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plasmid process development, scale-up, and optimization experiments and operations for plasmid process sciences team
- Develop robust plasmid fermentation and/or purification processes for cGMP manufacturing
- E.coli fermentation and plasmid purification scale-up and optimization
- Design and execute experiments, interpret results, present findings, develop reports
- DNA cloning, E.coli banking, maintenance of plasmid libraries and plasmid/E.coli banks
- Maintain laboratory and equipment in a safe, organized, and clean state at all times
- Develop manufacturing processes and procedures, draft SOPs, reports, batch records, and other documents as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 1-6 years of related indsutry experience
- Experience in fermentation/upstream development and/or DNA purification techniques preferred
- Knowledge of molecular biology, plasmid DNA cloning and sequencing techniques desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Experience with commercial scale up, large-scale bio-manufacture and cGMP is a plus
- Ability to independently design experiments, analyze complex data and interpret and present experimental results, required
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively motivate and manage a team in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Excellent mathematical and computation skills
- Excellent critical thinking and reasoning skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is not required to travel
- The employee will be required to communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- This will be a laboratory and office-based position that will require some non-standard working hours including early morning or later evening teleconferences to support global prospective and current clients
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)