Biologic Operator I - 3RD SHIFT (Various Positions) BDS Area
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Biological Operator I will be assigned to the daily production operations operating different equipment. The incumbent is qualified to perform his / her tasks in different areas of the process, as required. Perform process tests and participate in qualification and validation activities as required. The incumbent will monitor alarm systems. He/she will assemble and inspect equipment in the manufacturing area to confirm its operational status. Perform cleaning and sterilization procedures. He /she will comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and with the standard procedures (SOP's). Will work aseptically or as required by the classification of the production area. Inform the coordinator of his / her performance area and the supervisor about any event that occurred during the work shift. The incumbent will review his / her own documentation and that of others, ensuring that it is correct and complete.
- Assure compliance with applicable Plant, Division, Corporate, and Government Regulatory Agencies and cGMP practices.
- Conduct equipment and facilities inspections and inform to correct situations that affect the operating and environmental conditions for the people and the equipment. Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing areas, specifically the troubleshooting support of the manufacturing equipment and process events.
- Receive, inspect and verify the materials available to be used for the production activities.
- Conduct cleaning operations according to the established procedures.
- Accountable for the execution, audit, and timely correction of the manufacturing electronic or paper batch record discrepancies.
- Participate actively and support of AbbVie’s EHS programs, such as respiratory and hearing protection among others, ensuring compliance with applicable federal and local regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, Health Department, etc.)
- Document the process and equipment’s status in the area electronic or manual Log books.
- Verify the documentation of executed operations during the shift and document any discrepancies or events.
- Monitor the process critical parameters and acknowledge any deviation that could represent an issue and inform the area supervisor to take immediate actions.
- Assure that the required process sampling is taken and submitted to the Laboratory as required by the process.
- Associate degree in Natural Sciences, major in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related areas; or High School diploma with 6 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a similar equivalency of unit operations.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Basic knowledge of computerized systems such as Delta V, MES, and SAP preferred.
- Basic mechanical and mathematical skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.