Associate Director, Marketing- Women's Health
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Women’s Health Associate Director, Marketing will lead the development and execution of key aspects of brand strategy in partnership with a broad set of cross functional partners.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and integrated brand team to develop brand strategies
- Manage a team of marketers to pull strategies through to aligned programs and tactics
- Coordinate with market research and analytics teams to assess market dynamics in Women’s Health and translate insights into business decisions
- Set strategic direction for agencies and manage projects within time and budget parameters.
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Work effectively in a fast paced, integrated brand team based environment
- Strong leadership and management skills, including coaching, development and culture-building
- Track record of success in a matrix environment with ambiguity and little supervision
- Strategic and tactical planning experience
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, including exceptional verbal communication, presentation, and story-telling skills
- Solid EQ, including self-awareness, intellectual honesty, and team-focused apprach
- Must be a highly motivated individual - self-directed, willing to make decisions with less than perfect information, ability to think big and challenge norms
- Strong financial acumen, including management of funds and forecasting
- Portfolio approach to business management, collaborating and coordinating with multiple other brands for alignment across activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant brand marketing experience, focused on HCP customer
- Demonstrated ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing strategy and tactical execution
- Able to coordinate with clinical development to communicate commercial needs
- Launch experience preferred
- Women’s health experience
- MBA highly preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.