Senior Analyst, Business Systems
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Operations Business Insights Senior Business Systems Analyst delivers custom analytics solutions to the cross-functional Operations and Central Services business. This employee is an innovative thought leader and understands the manufacturing operations business to provide relevant analytics insights. This employee acts a key link between business users and technical teams. The employee provides direct support for mature programs.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Leads agile development team in the design, development, and testing of analytics solutions. Designs applications anticipating user needs.
- Conducts end-user training on applications and promotes a data-driven culture in the Operations organization. Presents to users, including Operations leadership, on application features and project statuses.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Working in the cross-functional Operations space, projects can include data from many domains, such as product batch testing data, building utilization data, site safety and accident metrics, product quality data, and overall Operations key performance indicators.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff. Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved.
- Utilize analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets and apply principles of data science to Operations data.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years technical experience, or Master's degree with 4 years’ experience
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Project management experience in both waterfall and Agile methodologies preferred
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- AbbVie Operations users and Operations leadership
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.