Senior Reagent Manufacturing Technician
The senior technician position is responsible for manufacturing bulk reagents for applications in single molecule real time sequencing platforms. The candidate is expected to be well organized, detail-oriented, and be able to work both independently and as a team member. Experience in bulk manufacturing is required. Prior experience in production of reagents in biotech industry is desired.
- Perform assigned duties according to production schedule and manufacture bulk reagents following work instructions.
- Formulate bulk reagents using aseptic techniques according to manufacturing instructions.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP's and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analysis and other relevant data.
- Participate in process improvement projects to improve efficiencies and support business needs.
- Support QC testing and release of reagent products as assigned.
- Complete production work orders and related documentations.
- Order lab supplies and manufacturing materials as needed or directed by Manager.
- Complete and obtain approval for purchase requisitions. Receive, log, and stock material upon receipt.
- Follow all established lab procedures. Complete all tasks using good manufacturing practices.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences with one year experience in biotech industry.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to retain and apply knowledge.
- Experience in manufacturing of reagent mixtures and proficiency with common laboratory tools and techniques.
- Experience operating lab equipment: UV-Vis, centrifuge, thermocycler, pH/Conductivity meters, and other related equipment.
- Experience in bulk formulation in small and large scales for commercial product applications.
- Ability to handle repetitive hand motions with good manual dexterity.
- Experience working in a cGMP or ISO laboratory environment.
- Strong organizational skills and dedication to total product quality and a safe working environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with SAP and Agile is a plus.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.