Ophthalmic Territory Manager - Syracuse, NY
TERRITORY: Syracuse, NY
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
ABOUT EYEVANCE PHARMACEUTICALS LLC:
Since inception in 2017, Eyevance remains dedicated to advancing ocular health through the development and commercialization of innovative and impactful topical ophthalmic products targeting the ocular surface and anterior segment that enable optimal vision and better quality of life, while also ensuring patient access for all patients throughout the U.S.
In September 2020, Eyevance was acquired by Santen Holdings U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a global company focused exclusively on ophthalmology.
For additional information, visit www.eyevance.com and follow on Twitter @EyevancePharma and LinkedIn (Eyevance Pharmaceuticals).
This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for achieving sales objectives and growing sales volume of approved products within the Company’s pipeline within assigned territory. This is done through development of long term relationships with key Ophthalmologists, Ophthalmic surgeons and Optometrists.
This individual must have a passion for success and contributing to a high performing team that delivers exceptional results. Adaptable to a dynamic startup environment without losing focus on business goals. They should also be proficient at presenting detailed scientific subject matter in a clear and understandable fashion.
- Primary point of contact for HCPs within defined territory
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs
- Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs
- Territory Business Planning/Execution
- Utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives
- Enhance HCP awareness of Company products’ clinical data, safety & efficacy
- Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to educate patients about the assigned therapeutic area
- Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains
- Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients
- Attend and represent Company at industry conferences/congresses
- Expected to achieve financial and TRx goals for assigned territory. Additional expectations to include call activity and reach frequency goals.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Interacts at multiple levels inside and outside the company
- Tact, diplomacy, and a high level of professionalism are essential
- Exhibits good listening skills and comprehension
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a scientific field
- 2+ years of sales experience preferred; Eye care/Ophthalmology pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial/Medicare /Medicaid managed care landscape
- Executive presence and excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel as necessary(overnight) OR Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Follow us on social media!