We are currently searching for a Microbiologist to provide environmental monitoring services for a facility at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct viable and non-viable particle count monitoring in Aseptic Processing Facilities across the NIH Intramural Program.
- Perform laboratory work in a cGMP facility in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Coordinate disinfectants and lethality studies.
- Monitors trends and data analysis of cultures.
- Support quarterly personal qualification documentation as a quality control function.
- Document routine procedures following laboratory and NIH guidelines in accordance with GMP regulations in sterile dosage forms, USP <797>/USP <800>, testing requirements for microbiological procedures, 21 CFR parts 210/211, and other FDA regulations /guidelines.
- Ensure that sampling equipment is available as needed, properly calibrated and is in working order.
- Perform preventive maintenance and make repairs or arrange for service.
- Review and recommend new equipment, schedule demonstrations, and initiate procurement.
- Coordinate installation, certification, and training for new equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific field is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in environmental facility monitoring.
- Ability to methodically document technical and analytical processes.
- Experience with GMP regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Time management and organizational skills to work efficiently and independently or as part of a team.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.