Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure service desk operational standards and procedures are maintained and executed in accordance with all relevant industry standards (i.e. ISO27001, ITIL, JSOX, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA etc.).
- Responsible for establishing and managing Enterprise Service Management for IT and Business Services; transforming today’s help desk to a proactive, predictive customer service desk
- Accountable for End User Experience and Satisfaction with Service Delivery
- Manages requests for IT Services, Incidents and Problems, striving for First Call Resolution, and supports triage to next level experts to solve and close-out end user issues.
- Serve as the End-User Advocate to follow all requests and issues to closure; including those triaged to L2/L3.
- Manages the outsourced Managed Services Provider (GAVS) and all resources associated with delivering services as part of the IT Service Desk team.
- Serve as the Product Owner for the Service Now Service Management and Operations Platform.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics, including average response time, first-contact resolution rate, mean time to repair, cost per call, call avoidance, demand mix and end-user productivity.
- Strive for continuous improvement of the incident management process and the integration of the incident management process with other IT operations management processes, such as problem and change management.
- Build and maintain relationships to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
- Perform end-user satisfaction surveys (transactional and periodic) and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement.
- Advance the use of a knowledge repository to share information among all levels of IT service and support.
- Be an active member of the change, release, asset and problem management teams responsible for increased call avoidance, improved asset use and decreased end-user downtime.
- Leverage service desk best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs.
- Perform trend analyses and develop action plans for improving service timeliness and reducing costs.
- Stay abreast of trends in service desk operations, management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on service desk services.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering) and 10+ years of relevant, equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years managing an IT service, vendors and support function is required
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards, with an ITIL certification preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in troubleshooting conventional software and hardware platforms is required
- Experience working alongside other IT and business management professionals required
- Will be expected to manage the service desk 24/7 throughout the year and must be available for off-hour support when necessary
- Proficient with all MS Office applications
- Core competencies for this role include:
- Adapt to Change – demonstrate Organizational Awareness, Self-Awareness, Proactivity and Learning Agility
- Work Collaboratively – embody Teamwork, Influence without authority, and demonstrate Technical Expertise
- Apply Judgment – effectively leverage Prioritization, Problem Solving and Decision Making skills to achieve superior results
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.