Building Services Technician (contract)
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Building Services Technician (contract six month mimimum)supports the Facilities, Maintenance, and other teams as needed to ensure manufacturing is performed according to schedule and quality demands. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, basic maintenance tasks for facilities and equipment, preparing laboratory and industrial glassware for use, and maintaining accurate and complete work records.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and approved directions to perform basic maintenance tasks on facilities and equipment
- Follow SOPs and approved directions to clean glassware and equipment used in GMP processes
- Maintain cleaning logs and maintenance logs
- Maintain stock of parts, supplies, materials, and tools within areas of responsibility
- Assist in equipment calibration program
- Follow approved GMP manufacturing directions such as Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures, and related activities
- Monitor compliance of Maintenance and Cleaning procedures of equipment and instruments used in GMP processes by periodically reviewing and signing off on maintenance and cleaning log for each equipment
- Follow and maintain Good Documentation Practices.
- Investigate any process deviations, write process deviation reports and initiate document change requests
- High school diploma/GED or ability to obtain one in 12 months.
- 1-3 years glass washing and/or facilities or equipment maintenance
- Ability to safely work with hazardous materials, chemicals, and machines
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English and communicate effectively in English
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you
are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned
company, you should seize this opportunity.