Facilities Technical Coordinator
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Facilities Technical Coordinator, under moderate supervision, supports the Facilities technicians
and management, maintaining equipment and calibration records, scheduling and planning contractor
and vendor visits, and planning and reviewing preventative maintenance tasks and schedules.
- Maintains, both in physical and digital formats, calibration, preventative maintenance, and reactive/corrective maintenance records using Good Documentation Practices
- As needed, prepares data for import/export from/to different systems
- Creates purchase requisitions for materials, parts, and services as needed, following up with vendors and contractors to ensure timely delivery of parts and rendering of services
- Performs audits of rooms and equipment to ensure facility and machinery are in audit-ready states
- Operates in cross-functional teams (with both internal and external stakeholders) to plan and schedule critical preventative, predictive, and reactive maintenance and facilities work while minimizing impact on production
- Maintains asset listing database
- Assists in drafting new and revision of existing SOPs, associated fillable forms and Equipment Specifications
- Participates in training programs which result in the development of a successful working understanding of the material presented, and to become proficient in assigned duties and tasks
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
- College degree or High School diploma plus at least 5 years of relevant experience. Ability to maintain high level, compliance-oriented documentation and audit trail for facilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ISO and other Regulatory requirements
- Basic familiarity with working in an industrial, preferably biotechnical/pharmaceutical, production facility
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment, including but not limited to pumps, gearboxes, and air handlers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail-oriented with the ability to accurately and correctly complete and audit equipment and calibration records
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs
- College Degree plus over 5 years experience in a GMP production environment
- Advanced computer knowledge, including knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and knowledge of advanced tools and techniques in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.