Manager, Customer Data Platform
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization is looking for a Customer Data Platform (CDP) Manager to be part of the Patient/Consumer Technology Services and Architecture team to lead the planning, architecture, design, integration, implementation, and operations of CDP for Patient Services and Consumer Marketing functions to build unified marketing data platform with capabilities to create unified patient profile, identity matching, audience segmentation, analytics, decisioning and orchestration to modernize and transform marketing technology capabilities that will deliver real time omni-channel personalized experience throughout the treatment journey to the patients & consumers. Customer Data Platform will enable patient services and consumer marketing functions to gain real time insights on the patients and enable decisioning to deliver next best experience.
This position will define and manage the multi-year roadmap to rollout customer data platform and ensure the desired outcomes is achieved across all AbbVie brands for Consumers and Patients. This position will act as change agent across people, process, and technology, setting the vision and execute the plan to rollout Customer Data Platform.
This position will report to Associate Director of Digital Marketing Hub, and will partner with IT strategy and planning team, IT function leads, care model operations team, data governance lead, Customer Experience team, and Marketing teams to deliver the best-in-class marketing data platform for US Patient Services and Consumer Marketing functions.
This position will manage team of platform engineers, business systems analysts, project managers, and partner with solutions architecture team, engagement solutions management lead and SI partners to: Analyze the current state of marketing database, analytics and campaign management solutions and define the functional requirements for the future state solution. Define comprehensive migration strategy and integrated delivery plan to build the new solutions in-house and successfully transition to the new solution without any business disruption. Assess new technology platforms and lead the technology platform selection & on boarding processes. Elevate the patient experience and outcomes with the new solution. Define the governance framework and operating model to manage the steady state operations of the new solutions. Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Define technology strategy, architecture plan, roadmap, and lead the implementation of Customer Data Platform across brands and delivers personalized experience to patients throughout their treatment journey.
- Lead the planning, architecture, design, implementation, pilot, and rollout of Customer Data Platform (CDP) across all brand patient services program and consumer marketing functions to create unified view of patients across first party (CRM, web analytics, contact center, email) and 2nd party datasets. Lead the strategy, requirements, design, implementation, and rollout of replacing the existing legacy marketing database solution with CDP. Lead the implementation of campaigns includes audience segmentation, decisioning and orchestration to activation platforms (SFMC, DMP, SFDC) within CDP to deliver personalized experience.
- Set the vision, roadmap, and direction for the Customer Data Platform implementation
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve the business goals and deliver desired outcomes
- Gather requirements, determine features and their priority, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog and delivery
- Represent the team with partners and AbbVie leadership to align resources and prioritization
- Promote adoption of Customer Data Platform across all brands; Educate teams on Customer Data Platform and applications/use cases, define the operations playbook, manage the change, and take the cross-functional teams along with him as part of this journey.
- Build high performing team and create an environment that enables the Customer Data Platform Engineering team to continuously deliver while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Negotiate and manage vendor relationships & contracts related to the implementation and operations of CDP.
- Manage budget of $3MM for the execution of CDP and ensure business KPIs are delivered through the technology solutions.
- Know the business strategy and can clearly formulate business priorities to the Feature team. Facilitate the relationship with the end customer and business leadership/owners, bringing the voice and priorities of the customer to the forefront. Understand the marketing dynamics and shape the solution roadmap to prepare for future business needs. Define and maintain long term solution vision. Align stakeholders around the vision of the solution.
- Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long-term objectives. Partners with business and IT functional leads in the strategy and tactic definition, understands the business program/project objectives, expected outcomes, KPIs/metrics, and priorities
- Partners with Solutions Architecture team to create functional and technical solution design; Partners with data governance team to obtain appropriate approvals for data collection and usage;
- Partners with Program manager, architects, data governance lead, data & analytics service lead, and marketing automation platform lead to create integrated program plan, team wise release plan, and finalize budget
- Effectively communicate solution roadmap, strategies & trade-offs to business partners, BTS leadership, architecture, and engineering teams.
- Reviews the in-built version of the solution throughout the sprint to ensure features meet the business objectives
- Establish governance framework and agile continuous delivery model to execute the CDP rollout across all functions; Lead the Change Advisory Board meeting to intake new feature requests, understand the expected outcomes, facilitate prioritization, and conduct release planning.
- Participate in the sprint review and demo sessions, standup calls (as needed) with the team to ensure solution meets the feature needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and marketing business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Supervise team and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Build long term relationship and trust with business partners.
- Present solution roadmap, release updates, etc. to business stakeholders on a regular cadence to share the value of technology solutions with appropriate KPIs and metrics.
- Anticipate risk and prepare mitigation plan to ensure solution is delivered as per the roadmap to enable business outcomes.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Lead the architecture & design strategy, development and operations of Marketing Automation
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Preferably in electrical engineering, software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- 6+ years of experience in data management, data engineering, and data platform implementation
- Deep hands-on experience with Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, data integration, analytic modeling, campaign management and BI/reporting systems
- Experience in leading teams and managing data platform, with experience on marketing data management is preferred.
- Experience with CDP, DMP is preferred. Experience in integrating 1st, 2nd and 3rd party datasets is preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and AWS is preferred
- Experience in Adobe Experience Cloud is preferred
- 1-2 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2+ years strategic IT planning experience.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the processes and activities of the business.
- Able to understand and communicate the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
- Work experience in the marketing technology, pharmaceutical industry, commercial operations, consumer marketing and patient services preferred.
- Proven experience in agile delivery model (Scrum / Kanban) and project management
- Experience in using project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Good understanding of agile software development life cycle methodology and prior experience in executing projects in agile model. Experience in DevOps tools and processes preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent executive presentation skills.
- Experience in leading change management and setting up governance framework
- Ability to lead and facilitate requirements gathering, and design sessions
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.