Master Data Management Architect
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Master Data Management (MDM) Information Technology Architect will act as a key point of contact for Technology Architecture for Abbvie US Commercial MDM Operations. The Architect will be responsible for partnering with Enterprise Architecture team to provide architecture & technology solutions that align with business strategies and needs. In addition, the architect will also investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art MDM technology architecture that drive productivity and efficiency gains not only in US Commercial Operations, but also across other cross-functional teams.
- Implement MDM solutions for projects related to Abbvie US Commercial Operations CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Commercial Data Lake (CDL), Sales & Marketing Data Warehouse etc.
- Partner with In-field tools team, Sample Operations team, Enterprise Architecture team, and vendors to ensure architecture is in line with business strategies and needs.
- Evaluate and recommend MDM architecture based on technology trends, business needs, best practices, and industry standards.
- Conduct evaluation, feasibility assessment, and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new architectural solutions and their impact to the business.
- Provide architectural solutioning and support to vendors, developers, and other technical architects to enable solutions that meet business strategies.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of existing architecture and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of architectural solutions that are nimble to fast paced business environment.
- Research & evaluate alternative architectural solutions and recommend the most efficient, agile, impactful, nimble, and cost-effective solution.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization and for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes. Investigate problems and resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred..
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in data analysis and data audits.
- Technical Skills - Hands on experience in design, architecture, and integration of solutions for a larger enterprise in the following areas:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience Reltio MDM platform.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with MDM technologies, preferable Informatica MDM.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in implementing architectural and integration solutions with Informatica Power Center, Informatica IICS. Experience with integration of Veeva is a Plus.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages like Python, Java, Perl etc.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.