Patient Marketing Director - Imbruvica
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a Patient Marketing Director to drive the marketing strategy for Imbruvica across all indications and promotional channels. The Patient Marketing Director will provide positive direction and productive influence cross-functionally and across the Alliance with Janssen Oncology. The candidate will leverage data, analytics, and a strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the patient marketing component of the business and will exhibit a P&L mindset. The candidate will effectively orchestrate work across internal teams and external partners including agencies, etc. We are seeking a candidate that will thrive in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for patients.
- Vision and Strategy: Provide overarching direction for Patient Marketing vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for Imbruvica. Align and lead the charge with an omnichannel mindset. Encompass a “One AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Leadership: Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal constituents (stakeholders and partners). Manage and develop direct, indirect, and cross-business team. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day oversight and management of the business. Uses coaching effectively and efficiently to create high-performing teams and elevate team’s marketing skills and knowledge.
- Action and Accountability: Identify appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of Patient Marketing Plans by employing marketing skills.
- Market Awareness: Maintain focus on and consistently triangulate market dynamics, constituents’ needs, and business priorities to identify best, market-advantaged course of action.
- Strategic Impact: Formulate and adjust business plans and actions to achieve business priorities and goals, including financial, constituents and market results. Grow and gain share and penetration. Take and recommend appropriate strategic actions for the best interest of AbbVie, Imbruvica, and the patients we serve at the varying life cycle stages.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for rare disease products or significant experience promoting hematology/oncology products.
- Cross-functional and/or similar experiences including sales, market research, HCP Marketing.
- Co-promotion experience preferred.
- DTC experience, especially in TV, is preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.