Scientist, Bioanalytic II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Scientist I/Scientist II, Ligand Binding Assay Development
The Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, and Bioanalysis (DMPK-BA) department at AbbVie Biotherapeutics Inc. in Redwood City, CA is looking for a Scientist I or Scientist II for Ligand Binding Assay (LBA) Development and Sample testing. This team will be relocating with other RWC and Sunnyvale-based employees to the new AbbVie Bay Area (ABA) site in South San Francisco in late 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently develop and validate LBA methods (PK and biomarker) supporting preclinical and clinical studies.
- Work with experts to automate methods on a Tecan platform; perform manual or automated sample testing (bioanalysis); generate data summary tables and perform data QC reviews to ensure compliance with relevant guidelines and SOPs.
- Evaluate and refine commercial biomarker kits in a fit-for-purpose manner based on the biomarker context of use (COU), validate methods, and execute preclinical and clinical sample testing
- Draft test method summaries, assay validation plans, and draft validation summary reports for applicable methods.
- B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, biology, biomedical engineering, and minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in bioanalytical sciences
- Experience with automating ligand binding assays (LBA) on robots (e.g., Tecan) a plus
- Good understanding of LBA principles and platforms such as ELISA, MSD, Luminex and high-sensitive platforms (Singulex, Simoa); and experience in assay development and validation
- Detail oriented with good trouble-shooting skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, to prioritize and adapt to change
- Very good organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, interfacing with departments and external partners
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Learn fast, grasp the "essence," work independently, but as part of larger team
- Ability to be flexible and change course quickly where required
- Build strong relationships with peers and cross functional partners in team-based work environment committed to high performance.
- Contribute to a learning environment, be open to suggestions and experimentation for improved efficiency and data quality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.