Associate Director, Innovation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Function Overview: The Enterprise Innovation group works side-by-side across the breadth of AbbVie functions to help shape and deliver many of the most pressing issues facing the organization, both in the short and long term. Guidance from this team will have a direct impact on the future success of AbbVie.
Purpose: As an Associate Director of Innovation, you will partner with leaders across AbbVie to optimize the value of our portfolio of current and future assets. The role is seeking a high performing individual contributor who has demonstrated an interest and expertise in the biopharma industry and strong desire to advance our strategic agenda and support mission-critical initiatives that will make a real difference for AbbVie’s patients. Working with Enterprise Innovation you will gain high profile, high impact development experiences across the company.
The position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, synthesize complex issues into actionable solutions, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts to work well in a cross-functional team.
- Foster end-to-end innovation on enterprise-critical assets through collaboration with program-leading Asset Strategy Teams (AST) and the content-focused Deliverable Teams – topics ranging from evidence package, trial design, clinical acceleration, commercial presentation to launch preparation
- Support strategic initiatives that will address mission-critical questions and position AbbVie for future success
- Lead individual modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process and supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
- Monitor, understand, and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
- Help communicate our strategy across AbbVie
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.