Associate Director, Supply Chain
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for managing and leading Planning, Master Data, and Warehousing functions to meet corporate objectives. Work cross-functionally across the business to ensure on time fulfillment of finished goods to distribution centers globally.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIB
- Responsible for managing planning, master data, and warehousing teams to meet corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with Procurement team to ensure materials are available to support manufacturing.
- Work closely with R&D, manufacturing, and procurement to support production requirements.
- Work with Global Planning team to develop supply plan based on forecast and manufacturing constraints.
- Participate in the development of the supply planning strategy and implement relevant elements.
- Monitor inventory levels to determine required demand High Coordinate inventory shipments to ensure seamless delivery to distribution centers.
- Maintain key policies and procedures High Balance inventory requirement to minimize potential backorders High Support and participate in the Sales and Operations Planning process through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply/capacity constraints.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience
• B.A. Degree or minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a start-up, NPI or manufacturing environment
• 4 years experience in a Medical Device manufacturing environment
• Must have proven success managing a team of Purchasing and/or Planning professionals.
• Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word. Strong command of ERP system : SAP ECC experience is a plus.
• Experience with MRP is required.
• Ability to effectively work with personnel on all levels
• Well-developed multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to operate under little guidance and to adapt to consistently changing priorities.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.