Sr. Manager Financial Operational Excellence and Strategy, Customer Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Sr. Manager Financial Operational Excellence and Strategy, Customer Operations.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
I am looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Financial Operational Excellence and Strategy that will drive OpEx Strategy and Excellence projects for the Financial Operations organization (Credit & Collections). You will work under the leadership of the Associate Director, Strategy, PMO & OpEx to create the strategy and implement operational excellence projects that enhance customer outcomes and AR collection performance, create efficiency via cost improvement projects and result in value stream enhancements. You will be reporting dotted line to the Director Financial Services.
You will effectively provide leadership and enhance Operational Excellence activities for the Financial Services team through aligning, training, administrating, coaching, and project/metric tracking. Independently coach and mentor employees including management on OpEx methods and issue resolution for new and existing projects. Serve as a resource for OpEx best practices. Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Uses cost savings methods and procedures for the completion of new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
A strategic thinker: You are passionate about Strategy and Process improvement and work to align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking, and personal drive.
First class team player: Collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Identify, Manage and Execute current and future OpEx Financial Services projects ensuring that they align to our OpEx mission and benefit both the Customer & Financial Operations teams.
- Monitor and report out key project milestones, delivery dates and quantify impacts to the greater Customer & Financial Operations Leadership Teams.
- Assess site needs and trends to ensure appropriate prioritization of OpEx initiatives.
- Responsible for deploying strategic roadmaps and tactical plans that drive scales of efficiency and better customer and collections outcomes for the organization in collaboration with Customer service, Commercial field teams and the Financial Services team.
- Employ Lean Six Sigma statistical tools such as Process Mapping, Capability analysis, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, Chi Square, etc., to analyze relevant targets and cost savings.
- Development of site standards pertaining to Financial operational Process Improvement metrics including Installation of an automated reporting dashboard on key metrics like avg DSO by product & customer segment, number of order holds and releases, credit memo statistics.
- Work with local facility stakeholders to develop / deliver annual programs to optimize Process Improvements, for increased productivity and quality, and reduced waste.
- Be a mentor to specific individuals on the Financial Services team to become OPEX experts
- Provide training and mentorship as required on Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Any other responsibilities deemed appropriate to the role.
- Min. 7-10 years’ experience in a Financial project management / audit or process improvement role. Ideally with at least 5 years of Management experience
- Min. 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Services / AR or relevant experience with a deep understanding of customer credit approval and collections processes
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Science. Master’s degree Preferred.
- Financial Commercial Operations or Financial Operations Industry Experience
- Black Belt qualification or equivalent (Master Black Belt Preferred)
- Extensive experience in strategy planning for OpEx (Short- & Long-term planning)
- Excellent project and time management skills
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and structured problem solving
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders including customers
- An ability to work/lead effectively in cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.