Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist
Senior Research Associate/Associate ScientistAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:We are seeking to recruit a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our research team. This is an opportunity to participate in the development of novel antibody therapeutics for the treatment of allergic, inflammatory, and proliferative diseases. The candidate will join our our pre-clinical and development group which is responsible for developing therapeutic antibodies and elucidating the biology of novel inhibitory receptors.
- Design and execute in vitro/ex vivo cell and flow cytometry-based assays with primary cells from human and mouse tissues
- Support development of pre-clinical disease models and mechanistic efficacy studies to assess activity of monoclonal antibodies
- Assist with biomarker development to identify potential clinical indications
- Analyze data and present scientific findings at internal research meetings
Qualifications and Expertise:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience. Candidates with equivalent combination of academic achievements and industry experience will be considered
- In-depth knowledge of cell biology or immunology is preferred
- Hands-on expertise with mammalian cell culture, human and mouse primary cell culture
- Expertise in standard immunology assays and techniques, including cell isolation, cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA and Luminex or MSD
- Excellent organization and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment