Process Development - Assistant Scientist
The Assistant Scientist is an entry level position within each of the Process Development groups. The individual will learn and assist in the development and characterization of customer programs, and technology transfer to the manufacturing and/or Quality control group as appropriate. This individual will be expected to require training on laboratory instrumentation and then use instrumentation to perform elementary lab experiments and document results appropriately.
- Assist in the transfer, development, and optimization of customer programs.
- Independent operation of instrumentation in the PD laboratories.
- Assist in conducting, data plotting and reporting the results of laboratory experiments.
- Monitor ongoing experiments for any unusual occurrences.
- Maintenance of lab equipment, supplies and records
- Execution of basic experimental protocols.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks following FDBT procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of biology, chemistry or biochemistry.
- Will be expected to develop the following:
- A practical understanding of the area of PD to which they are assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP.
- Practical lab skills.
- An understanding of the underlying biochemistry of Process Development.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of good laboratory technique.
- Ability to apply knowledge in support of process development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Awareness of lab procedures and protocols.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide solutions to routine activities and problems of limited scope
- Must have good planning, organizational, and time management skills; good oral and written communication skills; and be willing and able to interface with colleagues in many different roles and functions throughout Process Development.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 25 pounds regularly.
- Ability to wear PPE.
- Attendance is mandatory.
Minimum Qualifications (In addition to required skills & abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related field); OR
- Associates Degree in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related field) with two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Awareness of cGMP.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.