Quality Control Environmental Monitoring Tech (Temporary)
- Assist with Environmental Monitoring of ISO class 5 thru 8 cleanrooms using Viable Air samplers, Contact Plates and Total Air particle counters.
- Assists in everyday organization of Microbiology laboratory including cleaning and maintenance.
- Assist with Utility Monitoring of Facility Water generation and distribution systems
- Follow all established laboratory, regulatory, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Adhere to the standards of quality ruled by current GMP and the company Quality Policies and site SOPs.
- Must follow good documentation practices in all aspects and phases of the work; provide reports for review in a timely manner; work with other lab personnel on projects.
- Maintain the safety and orderliness of the lab.
- Other duties as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Basic Computer proficiency required.
- Ability to precisely follow written or oral directions
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization, detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work weekends and off-shift hours is a requirement.
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Ability to lift/pull/push 30 lbs on occasion and 15 lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to work in constrictive gowning including facial masks over extended periods of time
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to perform sampling tasks
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt), cleanroom (ISO 8 to ISO 5) gowning material and appropriate shoes required in most areas associated with this position.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- High school diploma/GED with an interest in working in a laboratory environment
- Previous work experience in a laboratory.