Lab Manager, MSAT
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This newly created role of Lab Manager Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) will provide support for both the MSAT labs located at 95 Digital Drive and at the Buck Institute. We are looking for a trustworthy leader who can collaborate internally within our organization as well as externally with our outside vendors to ensure MSAT lab needs are met.
- Coordinating vendor PMs/repairs and maintaining the lab supplies at both the 95 Digital Drive and the Buck Institute Labs.
- Assisting in lab activities such as resin qualification to ensure Manufacturing has released materials on-time to meet production demands.
- Managing the raw material investigational testing responsibilities that will be transferred from QCRM to MSAT in September 2021.
- Troubleshooting lab items such as bioreactors, chromatography equipment, and bench-top lab instruments.
- Supporting the Novato Make/Assess/Release goal of becoming ISO 14001/45001 certified and maintaining this level of compliance until the next certification audit.
- 5 to 7 years of increasing responsibility in a laboratory managerial role in health care setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science-related field.
- Chromatography Experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.