Associate Director, Translational Science & Biomarkers
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of scientists responsible for translational research
• Supporting projects by developing and executing relevant translational strategies
• Identifying and developing novel in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo methods and models to evaluate pharmacodynamic biomarkers and mechanism of action of therapeutics being developed by Bolt
• Utilizing available data to propose biomarker strategies for molecules in development, and in close collaboration with Bolt’s clinical team
• Over-seeing and working closely with CROs, pathologists and other functions to execute data generation and analysis
• Leading assay identification and validation efforts depending on project needs
• Over-seeing and/or performing relevant experiments to support projects
• Contributing strategic and scientific ideas and evaluating key hypotheses that advance company technologies and development
• Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, cancer biology, or related field with 8+ years of relevant translational experience in the industry setting.
• Prior experience working in cancer immunotherapy field.
• Expertise in biomarker assay development for human specimens.
• Proven ability to manage direct reports as well as multiple activities related to assigned projects.
• Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data independently.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience in working with and knowledge of various mouse cancer models is desirable.
• Experience or knowledge of requirements for IND filings is preferred.
• Excellent communication, technical writing, organizational and collaboration skills.COMPANY BENEFITS We offer competitive salary, incentive compensation, great benefits (such as Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave), employee stock purchase plan, opportunity for growth within this dynamic and fast-growing organization. Bolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY:Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.