Manager, Clinical Supply Chain
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking a motivated Supply Chain leader to join our Biologics Development and Manufacturing team as our Manager, Clinical Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will play a key leadership role driving the planning, coordination, and execution of activities related to procurement, distribution, shipping logistics for clinical supplies to clinical sites globally in support of the Clinical trials.
About Catalyst Biosciences
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address important unmet needs within bleeding and complement related disorders. Catalyst has compounds that span the value chain from the earliest discovery to late-stage clinical trials with the intent of commercialization.
We provide ample scientific challenges enabling you to have a real impact in an environment where you get the opportunity to take part in the entire biotech value chain from the earliest drug discovery all the way through late-stage clinical development. We expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy and pragmatism.
- Senior-level contributor responsible for leadership and management of network of Suppliers and vendors and establish an effective Supply Chain.
- Manage relationships with CMOs, CROs and key suppliers including coordination, communication and technical oversight, to ensure timely delivery, shipment and distribution of cGMP products, Standard of Care and other ancillary supplies to support clinical trials.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to maintain an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located at the CMOs, at sites, and in the Warehouse.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production. Actively monitors inventory of supplies and ensures a robust supply by proactively engaging with the third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; develops strategy and suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and minimize delays in procurement and shipment of supplies.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
**Title and level to commensurate with education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Busines or a scientific discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ direct experience in a development environment or bachelor’s with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant position is required.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors globally.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
- Must be well organized, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, and professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skills in Catalyst’s Core Competencies:Leadership
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm
- Goal Orientation/Commitment to Task/Follow-up
- Attention to Quality & Detail
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Ownership & Accountability