Senior Manager, Compensation & Equity Administration
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an exceptional Senior Manager, Compensation & Equity Administration. Reporting to the Director, Accounting this is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a rapidly evolving, publicly traded biotechnology company.
As a key member of our Finance & Accounting team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll, stock, and 401K administration processes. Additionally, you will work closely with the company’s internal stakeholders and the internal audit team to refine and support an effective environment of financial reporting and controls.
The individual in this role will have the chance to apply their superb operational capabilities and bias for action to manage and execute the entire range of activities that support the success of Catalyst’s financial functions, while also leveraging their strategic leadership experience to continue establishing this function within our growing organization. The ideal candidate is a driven individual excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, biotech start-up like environment, and to leverage their high degree of problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to make a large impact on Catalyst mission addressing unmet medical needs.
About Catalyst Biosciences
Catalyst is a research and clinical development biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs in disorders of the complement and coagulation systems. Our protease engineering platform includes two late-stage clinical programs in hemophilia; a research program on engineering of subcutaneous (SQ) complement inhibitors; and a partnered preclinical development program with Biogen for dry age-related macular degeneration (“AMD”). The product candidates generated by our protease engineering platform have improved functionality and potency that allow for: SQ administration of recombinant coagulation factors and complement inhibitors; low-dose, high activity gene therapy constructs; and less frequently dosed intravitreal therapeutics.
- Oversee payroll, 401-k, equity, stock-based compensation and benefits processes.
- Partner with accounting operations of the company including maintaining an adequate system of accounting records/policies, technical accounting oversight and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensuring 404(b) compliance.
- Ensure that the company’s accounting procedures and reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage the company’s ESPP accounting.
- Manage the company’s BOD accounting.
- Interface with financial institutions, external auditors, service providers and advisors
- Liaison with our independent auditors; service providers, and HR Team
- Lead process improvement initiatives for continued enhancement of ADP, ERP (NetSuite), and Share Works systems
**Title/Level to commensurate with educational and professional experience.
- 10+ years of related professional experience with increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance and CPA a plus.
- Big 4 Public Accounting and US GAAP experience a plus.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is a plus.
- System experience; NetSuite ERP; Shareworks, ADP Workforce Now, and MS Office 365.
- Experience with assessing, designing, and implementing reports for payroll controls.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting and SOX requirements
- Collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results and process improvement.
- Team player with the ability work independently, strong sense of ownership and willingness to take on challenges.
- Ability to produce quality results in an efficient manner within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
- An independent problem-solver with strong work ethics and intellectual curiosity will thrive.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Requires strong leadership and diplomacy skills to guide teams and facilitate collaboration.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize projects, and superior attention to detail.