Associate Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development
Catalyst Biosciences is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development for its South San Francisco HQ. You will work closely with and report to our Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Development and you will get direct exposure to our executive leadership team. You will contribute to both the near- and long-term strategy and development of the company where you will focus especially on driving high-value business development interactions. Our pipeline spans early to late-stage assets in complement and bleeding disorders. You will be responsible for providing advanced business development expertise and drive progress in important negotiations and collaborations that has real long-term impact on the company. You will have the opportunity to work on early R&D type structures as well as late-stage programs headed towards commercial launch. You will use your people skills and empathy to work well with people inside Catalyst as well as with our collaborators and partners.
About Catalyst Biosciences
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel protease medicines to address important unmet medical needs in patients with complement related and rare bleeding disorders. We have a versatile protease engineering platform that feeds our research and development pipeline, and this position provides an opportunity to be exposed to the full value chain from early discovery to late-stage clinical trials. To succeed in this role, we expect you to bring an innovative mindset, scientific curiosity, a lot of energy and pragmatism. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
- Use your business development expertise to help develop and execute on corporate, partnering and licensing strategies – this will span eg. generating/assembling documents, doing business related research, and giving presentations
- Collaborate across all of Catalyst with colleagues from research, development, new product planning, program management, finance and legal to support business development initiatives, due diligences and negotiations.
- Employ outstanding human, relational and transaction skills to develop high-value winwin deals and collaborations.
- Support or co-lead deal team from initial contact over due diligence to term sheet development
- Tactical and operational management of and reporting on deal flow, deals, and partnerships.
- Develop presentations for the executive leadership team and other important stakeholders.
**Title and Level to commensurate with education and experience.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in finance, business, life sciences, or related discipline coupled with relevant practical experience – a MBA/MD/PharmD/PhD or similar will be a strong plus.
- Relevant industry (rare disease and/or biologics a plus) or consulting (top-tier consultancies a plus) experience allowing you to synthesize data and share overview of business development opportunities, commercial strategy and risks to provide well thought out recommendations.
- You understand drug development including strategic, operational, and financial aspects and you have business development or similar relevant experience combined with strong strategic, planning and analytical skills.
- You find it easy to communicate and work with people across the entire organization.