Manager/Senior Manager, Early Commercial Strategy
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you can’t decide which you like reading more: scientific papers or HBR case studies, this role is definitely for you. You will bring together an understanding of the biology, unmet need, market potential, preclinical and clinical development paths for a portfolio of therapeutic programs. You will integrate your own research and input from experienced biologists, chemists, data scientists, drug developers and business development to craft the strategic package. More specifically, you’ll:
- Diligence potential new drug discovery programs for Recursion by analyzing two key areas (1) the opportunity to make an impact on patient lives and (2) the approach we’ll take to validate new drug candidates in vitro and in vivo models of disease.
- Utilize your creativity, scientific expertise, and knowledge of the unique Recursion drug discovery platform to identify opportunities for new drug discovery programs.
- Build compelling early commercial strategies for each program. Define the early target product profile and competitive landscape to guide the translation from bench to bedside.
- Interface with groups across Recursion to make sure programs are being initiated and progressing in a timely manner. Communicate both program status and key findings across groups.
The Team You’ll Join
We are building an early commercial strategy group centered to support inference-based discovery of novel programs across multiple therapeutic areas. The team is composed of members with diverse backgrounds merging business acumen and scientific knowledge. In the role, you’ll work extensively with colleagues across Recursion to conceive, initiate and progress programs toward the clinic. You will need a collaborative mindset, a demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology, self-initiative and a willingness to learn and create with the Recursion platform. You will report to Director of Oncology and Early Commercial Strategy
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Training in biological and translational sciences and completion of an advanced post-graduate degree (PhD with 2+ years of experience or MS with 4+ years of experience)
- 1-2+ years professional experience combining science and business (e.g. prior roles in consulting, pharmaceutical BD, venture capital, or equity research)
- Expertise in interpreting and contextualizing data from in vivo, in vitro and clinical studies
- Ability to communicate with KOLs across a wide range of technical specialties, e.g. from clinicians to scientists
- Excellent organization, communication and facilitation skills, especially in-person
- Ability to work, influence, and gain consensus across multi-functional teams
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
- A passion for biology and the application of science to the discovery of new medicines
Senior Manager, Early Commercial Strategy
- 3+ years professional experience combining science and business (e.g. prior roles in consulting, pharmaceutical BD, venture capital, or equity research)
- Demonstrable experience crafting target product profiles, reviewing patient treatment pathways, and conducting opportunity assessments across therapeutic areas
- Understanding of current state of market dynamics in the biopharma industry, experience with competitive intelligence, prior attendance at key medical conferences
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.