Facility Maintenance Engineer
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for equipment maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment, facility equipment and electrical systems in current operation at the company sites. This individual will also be responsible for all related projects and services related to the equipment and their timely completion while adhering to standard practices. In addition, he/she will be responsible for routine facility, visual and physical inspections.
- Responsible for maintenance and operational procedure for critical systems
- Provide support in planning and execution of shutdowns of equipment
- Responsible for trouble shooting and providing corrective action directives
- Participate in calibration process and cycle designs; implement the necessary process change through engineering change control procedures
- Collaborate with the validation department regarding change control requalification and validation of change
- Use understanding and knowledge of PLC control directly or through PLC engineering to participate in making necessary changes in process and mechanical control
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance in PR and SOP writing, and participate in review and corrective action related to mechanical or process deviation of equipment
- Train staff members to ensure knowledge and efficiency on troubleshooting and maintaining of equipment
- Routinely makes technical decisions affecting equipment/facilities and processes
- Identifies critical issues, investigates alternatives, makes recommendations, and develops and implements plan(s) for resolution
- Provides assistance and guidance within work team to resolve technical and non-technical issues
- Train staff members on preventative maintenance procedures
- Follow applicable safety standards and procedures
- Work in accordance with company guidelines and cGMP processes
- Keeps the team informed of projects status and information
- Complete paperwork required for equipment and maintenance data into the department’s and calibration processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or relevant experience
- 3-6 years of directly related experience with instrumentation, electrical systems, mechanical processes preferably in a bio/pharmaceutical or other related industry
- Specific knowledge of mechanical assembling, vacuum systems, heat transfer fluid system, hydraulic system and electrical circuit and control
- Electronic controls and refrigeration systems knowledge, including low temperature cascading systems and two stages compressor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solutions-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word and Excel (used daily)
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment problems.
- Strong analytical math and problem solving skills
- Proficient in reading schematics and diagrams as well as other written materials
- High level of safety awareness
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.