Director of Market Access Marketing, Oncology Pipeline
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is looking for a Director of US Market Access Marketing, Oncology Pipeline. This position is responsible for market access marketing strategy for pipeline products including epcoritamab, a bispecific antibody to be co-commercialized by AbbVie and Genmab (an external partner organization). Epcoritamab is in development for several indications in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma: diffuse large b-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and follicular lymphoma (FL). In addition, the Pipeline Director will have certain responsibilities for market access marketing for navitoclax, an oral oncolytic in development for myelofibrosis.
The Marketing Director, Pipeline will develop strategy across all payer channels (e.g. Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc). Lead strategic alignment with Genmab and the epcoritamab Integrated Brand Team, developing Market Access strategies with stakeholders in the Oncology commercial organization and US Medical Affairs. As AbbVie’s first injectible, HCP administered therapy in oncology, the Director will bring relevant expertise and articulate strategy. The Director will manage Market Access interactions and collaboration relationships with relevant Genmab staff. The Director will further be responsible for certain key aspects of the market access marketing strategy and execution for navitoclax, an AbbVie wholly-owned oncology pipeline product in development for myelofibrosis. The Director will leverage data, analytics and strong strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business. Provide positive leadership and influences cultural alignment with US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership and direction for Marketing vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for epcoritamab. Encompass a “One for All AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Act as a Market Access contact for Oncology leadership relative to Plan, LBE, LRP and other financial & planning processes.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders (both US and Global) and partners.
- Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and overall management of the business.
- Uses coaching effectively and efficiently to influence cross-functional partners.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects by employing scenario planning, segmentation, positioning, innovation, creative development, investment optimization as needed.
- Able to build a value proposition by articulating the business strategy and economic choices for each stakeholder.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven marketing leadership experience required.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience with cross-functional experiences including field sales, market access, finance, market analytics, brand marketing are all valued.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Market access marketing
- DLBCL/FL/myelofibrosis/hematology experience
- Experience with marketing of injectible oncolytics
- Experience in external collaboration
*Location: Lake County, IL or Remote with frequent travel into the office
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.