Software Asset Management Technical Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for software monetization and license management across all product lines/portfolio areas. Maintains system health and accuracy of technology asset inventory systems (ServiceNow and Flexera) with focus on tracking and monitoring on-prem and cloud software assets to achieve license optimization and compliance. Follows a disciplined ITIL-based approach to tracking, reporting, analyzing, delivering, and maintaining software compliance. Works with appropriate internal and external parties to ensure compliance to third-party software license agreements. Has influence on decisions that impact planning and goal setting activities as well as performance and timely delivery of TAM services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Administration of AbbVie’s software license compliance tool (Flexera); performing regular system health checks and managing all aspects of agent deployments, configuration, upgrades, integrations, adapter creation/modification and troubleshooting.
- Transfers content from existing tools into Flexera platform (configuration and setup).
- Ability to integrate Flexera solutions with enterprise applications (ordering, contract, procurement, financial, ITSM) systems.
- Assists in deploying applications to Dev, QA, and Production environments.
- Contributes to procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Oversees software inventory management of servers & desktop devices as well as in cloud.
- Categorizes and aligns license entitlements for existing products.
- Leads and/or supports TAM related projects with global software stakeholders to mitigate compliance risk and drive license optimization activities with the business. Ensures timely and quality deliverables.
- Develops best practices and standard guidelines for license management for various product lines.
- Accountable for operational support documentation including, but not limited to, flow diagrams, process, policy, procedure, and job aids.
- Direct interface with audit response team, responsible for gathering and analyzing data in support of software license compliance audits.
- Guides and supervises the efforts of less experienced staff, providing technical mentorship with key groups as required.
- Conceives, designs and implements business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- A primary author of publications and presentations.
- Understands and adheres to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary. Background in life sciences or work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Experience with License Management Software platforms.
- Hands-on experience administering Flexera FNMS and FNMEA solutions preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of license model variations, software delivery models and license management metrics.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.