Director, Pipeline Agility & Excellence
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Director, Pipeline Agility & Excellence
This role is responsible for providing the vision and leading the transformational execution of enterprise priority clinical programs across therapeutic areas. They are the strategic advocate for critical pipeline assets bringing a global mindset, strong cross-functional partnership and innovative solutions to address risks and challenges. As the head of this team, the best practices are integrated into our study execution processes and leads the changes necessary to drive overall pipeline success.
- Defines the strategy for execution and delivery of Enterprise Priority Programs
- Translates and effectively communicates program status, risk identification and proactive contingency planning/mitigations for success to Senior and Executive Leaders
- Accountable to develop strong partnership with cross-functional leadership to align on implementation strategies and metrics.
- Drives lessons learned through the organization and lead implementation change management tactics in collaboration with Sr Director, Process and Performance Excellence
- Creates an environment that enables innovation, agility and breaks down organizational barriers
- Engages externally to identify tools, vendors, and technologies to enable a competitive advantage for AbbVie
- Responsible for executing clinical programs in a dynamic environment in compliance with quality standards (ICH/GCP, Global Regulations, and AbbVie policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree typically in nursing, scientific or equivalent required.
- Must have at least 15 years of Pharma-related/clinical research related experience; with at least 8 years in clinical research demonstrating a high level of core, technical, and leadership competencies through setting and driving study strategy and leading a global team in the management and completion of multiple clinical programs/studies.
- Experience in risk management, successful decision-making, strategic execution in a fast-paced, global environment is critical to project and program success and ensuring pipeline decisions can be made on sound data.
- Must have effective leadership skills with a proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness and creating a culture of process improvement, agility and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and ability to delegate appropriate accountability and decision making to support program and study level teams.
- Ability to assimilate new information or successes rapidly and apply to the Development Operations organization broadly.
- Ability to respectfully challenge team members and functions, manage conflict in order to explore all opportunities and options for execution.
- Leadership of and Integral participation in initiatives or advancement strategies for clinical operations.
- Experience in global submissions preferred.
Key Stakeholders (optional):
- VP of Development Operations, Site Management and Monitoring, Strategic Clinical Operations and Clinical Program Development
- TA VPs
- VP Development and Chief Medical Officer
- VPs of Data and Statistical Sciences, Purchasing, Medical Affairs
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.