Senior Security Specialist II, Data Security
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and skilled specialist to join the Data Security team. AbbVie’s Data Security team empowers AbbVie workforce to confidently create and collaborate on life changing medicines while minimizing unauthorized distribution and misuse. The Data Security team is a function within the larger Information Security organization. Join us as Senior Security Specialist II, Data Security to support and improve our efforts to protect AbbVie sensitive data from insider risks.
The Senior Security Specialist II will lead efforts to identify, develop, and implement data security controls and mitigation capabilities across a variety of infrastructure technologies including endpoint, network, and cloud services. The Senior Security Specialist II will collaborate with infrastructure and application teams to gain an understanding of technology capabilities and advise them on mechanisms to mitigate insider risk activity while enabling collaboration.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience and knowledge of technology systems, applications, and networks along with the potential proactive or reactive controls that can be used to enhance the protection of data. They will have the ability to research and communicate technical concepts and configurations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Provide leadership on technical configurations on a diverse set of collaboration technologies incorporating principles of data protection
- Understand the varied data security controls implemented across the enterprise environment and consult with internal teams to influence enhancements to these controls
- Develop and implement capabilities to assess effectiveness of data security controls on a continuous basis
- Research and keep informed on technical solution enhancements or changes that may impact the data security program and proactively collaborate with technical teams to implement within the environment.
- Collaborate with data security engineering, response, and consulting functions to enhance the technical capabilities of the data security program
- Develop and maintain documentation around expected data security control technical configurations
- Identify enhancements to tools, standards and processes; provide input into policies and procedures, and contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the data security program on a global basis
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- Operating systems (including Windows, Linux, Unix, and MacOS)
- Mobile/App systems (iPad OS, iPhone OS, and Android)
- Networking fundamentals and technologies
- Cloud services and computing (PaaS and SaaS)
- Application architectures and technologies
- Hands-on experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Security Information and Event management (SIEM) technologies
- Written and verbal communication skills are critical
- Adept at communicating concepts to diverse audiences with varying skill sets
- Bachelors degree with 7 years of experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.