Copy Supervisor - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Creates and executes communications strategies and tactics for assigned clients. By applying technical product and industry knowledge and creative written communications skills, develops effective product advertising and brand positioning for products assigned and persuasively and effectively presents the creative work. Executions must be of high impact, cost-effective, of the highest quality, and completed within the time frame agreed to by client and agency.
Education and Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college education with emphasis in English, Writing, Journalism, or Advertising.
- Two to four years’ agency copywriting experience.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Proven talent in creative concepting and copywriting.
- An in-depth knowledge of advertising techniques and organizational skills. An understanding of marketing principles is required. An ability to analyze complex data and interpret it for promotional application is also required. Medical advertising experience a plus. This level of knowledge would normally be acquired through one to three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must be an innovative individual capable of looking at old problems in new ways.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.