Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Cell Biology & Biochemistry
Are you ready to join a rapidly growing, innovative, clinical-stage, precision oncology powerhouse? Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core scientific, clinical, regulatory, and business leaders to bring new therapies for cancer patients struggling with limited treatment options. Our focus has been and will continue to be new oncology therapeutics based on targeting the biological drivers of the cancer, regardless of tumor type. We envision our company culture driven by spirited individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to solve problems and are passionate about helping cancer patients.
Our Sr/Research Associate will provide technical laboratory support in performing key in vitro biochemical and cell-based experiments to drive the non-clinical research of the company. The position will work directly under the supervision of a Senior Scientist and assist in the organization, tabulation, and analysis of the data, record maintenance, laboratory inventory, and equipment management.
Critical Job Skills:
- Perform technical laboratory research experiments with high efficiency
- Accurately follows technical instructions in setting up and conducting biochemical and cell-based assays, including quantitative and qualitative analyses of the data
- Provides updates on assigned experiments and research outcomes
- Maintains and accurately records all tests performed and data collected. Ensures safe operation of appropriate laboratory equipment
- Identifies opportunities for corrective action and protocol improvement providing recommendations; contributes to meeting companies targets for quality and safety
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Evaluates and reports on inventory levels
- Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks
- Participate in the development or establishment of new laboratory procedures including biochemical and cell-based assays, quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Trains in new techniques as they emerge as appropriate
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a researcher
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- For RA: BA/BS in a science required, MA/MS preferred
- For RA: 3+ yrs relevant industry experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company experience; for Sr. RA: 5 years relevant industry experience required.
- Familiarity and comfort with bench lab operations and practices regarding research studies
- Experience in developing biochemical and cell-based assays specifically in a drug discovery field is required
- Working knowledge of analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel, Graph Pad Prism, Sigma Plot is required
- Working experience with P-32 radioisotope is highly desirable
Qualities for Success:
- Curious and passionate to work on an oncology drug discovery program
- Self-motivated to learn with courage to challenge and improve the work efficiency
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Rain Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Rain are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.