Associate Director, Portfolio Analytics
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PORTFOLIO ANALYTICS
The Associate Director, Global Portfolio Analytics in GBT's Commercial Insights team participates actively in Commercial efforts by providing an objective and detailed understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. This individual must possess a broad skill set (e.g. functional expertise, therapeutic knowledge, communication skills, etc.) to ensure efficient execution of Commercial Insights objectives with a diverse set of key stakeholders - including Global Commercial Planning, Clinical Development, Corporate Development, functional Commercial Operations counterparts, and global Commercial leadership.
This role will have global responsibility for generating foundational market understanding within the SCD therapeutic area through the execution of market research and forecasting/analytics in key commercial markets (i.e. US, GCC, LATAM, etc.). This position will support the commercialization efforts for pipeline assets, inform the lifecycle management process and collaborate with Global Commercial Planning to guide product and disease area strategy. The role will report to the Head of Commercial Insights and is an individual contributor role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define Global (ex-US) market research priorities in collaboration with functional US Commercial Operations counterparts and Global Commercial Planning to proactively address key business decisions
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and payers
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Examine research findings to understand data, key market insights and implications for GBT
- Build long-term (i.e. 20-year) strategic forecasts for pipeline and marketed products in collaboration with functional Commercial Operations counterparts and Global Commercial Planning that incorporate disease epidemiology, evolving treatment paradigms, competitive products and global pricing and access dynamics
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis to support decision-making
- Communicate results of market research and forecasting/analytics to a variety of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop clear and effective communication materials (e.g. reports, presentations) targeted to key audiences
- Present and lead discussion of results and insights in a collaborative, efficient manner
- Work with Global Commercial Planning to understand implications of market research and forecasting/analytics insights for GBT's business, and develop plans to address these implications
- Lead ad hoc strategy projects and initiatives (e.g. evaluating new indications and markets) for internal assets and external opportunities
- Work with group leadership to improve the efficiency, consistency, rigor, and credibility of the Commercial Insights/Operations team
- Excellent analytical, market research and interpretive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines. Ability to represent the Commercial Insights function on cross-functional teams, including accountability for Commercial Insights contributions and provision of information and recommendations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required. Demonstrated persuasive written and verbal communication skills and effective in a variety of presentation settings. Comfortable influencing senior management
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Sought out as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues. Commercial planning/strategy experience is desired
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty
- Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.