We are currently searching for a Biological Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform manufacturing of novel cellular therapy products, including cellular therapy and chimeric antigen receptor T cells.
- Organize records forms and labels necessary for HCTP manufacture.
- Perform trouble shooting during HCTP manufacturing and assay performance; document actions required to resolve problem and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Perform required quality assurance steps as outlined in SOPs.
- Perform data retrieval and entry using multiple IT systems.
- Perform cleaning of biosafety cabinets, equipment, and supplies.
- Interpret experimental techniques and procedures; prepare reports on laboratory results.
- Prepare written evaluation of procedures including detected deficiencies defects, and reports on cellular therapy products and research protocols.
- Critically evaluate laboratory data presentations.
- Perform validation studies on equipment, facilities, and processes.
- Perform experiments to validate novel manufacturing techniques.
- Document product manufacturing data in compliance with Good Documentation Practices GDP.
- Inventory and order supplies with NIH approval for clinical manufacturing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements as defined by current version of CPS Drug Master File, applicable sections of FDA Code of Federal Regulations and current edition of AABB Standards for Cellular Therapy Product Services; regularly review CPS PSI and SOP manuals to stay current with procedural revisions.
- Attend weekly CPS staff meetings or review minutes of the meeting if unable to attend.
- Ph.D. in Medical Technology, Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Minimum (5) five years related experience.
- Knowledge working in a cell processing laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of cellular and gene therapy and an ability to analyze and evaluate laboratory results.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and computer programs.
- Knowledge of proper laboratory techniques, disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.