We are currently searching for a Bioinformatics Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop computational algorithms to understand the neural basis of the language network in the healthy and pathological brain.
- Develop machine learning and/or deep learning algorithms to improve surgical outcome prediction in neuroimaging applications.
- Perform computational analysis for determining how brain function and structure are impacted by age, pathology, etc.
- Process multimodal neuroimaging data – MR, CT, PET, etc.
- Work in collaborative teams with experts across different domains such as biostatistics, computational linguistics, radiology, among many others.
- Organize and maintain laboratory including inventory and ordering of supplies, stocks and equipment.
- Provide technical guidance to summer interns and visiting fellows (non-FTE positions).
- Monitor and perform quality control of all imaging acquisition and imaging and behavioral data analyses and report to the Principal Investigator.
- Participate in manuscript preparation. As such, prepare reports and manuscripts based on experimental results for both presentation and publication.
- Collect, organize, and record experimental data for publication and future reference.
- Maintain detailed, orderly record of all experiments in laboratory notebook, including planning, execution, outcome, and evaluation of experiments performed.
- Locate and review the literature pertinent to projects to identify the most applicable protocols and methods; perform experiments in accordance with protocols.
- Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics or a quantitative discipline (eg. computer science, etc.).
- At least seven (7) years of bioinformatics experience.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.