Manager Coagulation Products, Washington DC
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Territory: Washington, DC
Manager of Coagulation Products (MCP) is responsible for promotion and utilization of CSL Behring’s hemophilia product portfolio and for managing all aspects of territory business development. The MCP will cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers to include: Health Care Professionals (HCP), hospital decision makers/influencers, specialty pharmacies and distribution channel partners. The MCP will create demand for promoted products while demonstrating strong clinical knowledge. The MCP should demonstrate a high level of business acumen to facilitate the development of new accounts while supporting the growth of existing accounts. MCPs will be expected to support appropriate patient education programs as needed.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement key marketing programs to increase market share of key promoted products.
- Maintain proper call frequency with assigned targets and update as needed to assure time is aligned with current product focus
- Stay abreast of current clinical technical literature from medical journals and other information sources.
- Implement CSL Behring’s patient focused selling model with effective opening, probing, listening, and closing skills on customer calls.
- Actively work with patient support groups where appropriate, following CSL Behring SOP’s.
- Stay abreast of pertinent marketplace issues and opportunities and effectively communicates them to manager.
- Represent CSL Behring at local customer meetings as appropriate to increase exposure of CSL Behring products and services.
- *Regular travel required which may include weekends for select customer or corporate meeting and events.
- Promote products and increase usage of products to select call points, including HCP’s, hospitals, hemophilia treatment centers, patient support groups, distributors and/or specialty pharmacies. Develops customer advocates for promoted products.
- Responsible for the development of new accounts and the growth of existing accounts through solid customer relationships, communication of technical product and disease state information, and effective territory management skills.
- Develop and implement territory business plans consistent with corporate direction designed to achieve/exceed territory sales targets. Appropriate knowledge of product features and benefits, competitive products and programs and distribution channels.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or life sciences.
Minimum of five years’ pharmaceutical sales required.
Demonstrated history of documented, consistent, successful achievement of sales performance.
Experience with patient groups, specialty pharmacies and distributors a plus.
Ability to demonstrate effective management of a large geography desired.