Sr. Director, Global Market Access
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Senior Director of Global Market Access is responsible for the development and execution of Market Access Strategies and tactics across the Seqirus portfolio including both pipeline and inline products. The purpose of this position is to develop, lead and manage global market access strategies for Seqirus vaccines, in collaboration with global and regional Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Policy, R&D functions and external stakeholders. This role works closely with regions and country teams to develop and implement access and pricing strategies, to communicate best practices and to support tactics for local execution, as needed. Responsibilities include advancing Seqirus business objectives and providing leadership of health economics and outcomes in collaboration with R&D, Medical Affairs and external researchers. This leader will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to provide evidence to support the differentiated value of Seqirus vaccines. This role will sit on the Scientific Research Committee (SRC) and Commercial Development Leadership Team (CDLT).Major Responsibilities
Develop Seqirus Portfolio Global Market Access strategy to drive leadership in market development, shaping, and pricing execution:
- Provide leadership to Seqirus Vaccines business by communicating the current access and value requirements landscape, and by advocating for appropriate investment in evidence and market access programs.
- Influence the development of business strategy, evidence, and go-to-market plans by communicating the clinical and economic value to payers, and other key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with functional departments (Policy, R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, etc.) to incorporate a differentiated value proposition that meets payers needs into the product development process from the earliest stages.
- Drive creation of product value dossiers and differentiating evidence to achieve optimal price and support country-level submissions to Health Technology Assessment/Payers/Tender Process, as required, working closely with regional leadership and local market access experts.
- Serve as the Evidence and Market Access expert representative for the Seqirus n both internal and external meetings with government agencies, policy makers, customers and payers, as appropriate.
- Provide consultation, training on global market access resources and technical advice to internal customers across the business and regions, as appropriate.
- In close collaboration with key Country/Region CommOps teams develop Global pricing recommendations and strategies for tenders and bids
- Collect, synthesize, and analyse industry/competitor price and trends to help inform Pricing decisions
- Develop infrastructure (tools, systems, databases) to maintain pricing trends, history, to allow analytics and inform decision-making
- Serve as Secretary for the Seqirus Pricing Committee
- Sit on Scientific Review Committee (SRC)
Has responsibility for oversight and effective management of all team members (i.e. direct reports) to include but not limited to the following:
- Annual Objective Setting
- Mid-year and end of year reviews; Coaching and counseling as appropriate.
- Employee development. To include ensuring all leaders have development plans in place
- Recruitment, selection and development of talent.
- Managing, directing & measuring work on an ongoing basis.
- Provides timely constructive feedback to ensure quality of work meets or exceeds company standards.
Contribute to Global Commercial Development Leadership Team
- Lead, inspire, and engage with passion by modelling Seqirus and CSL values
- Work with a sense of urgency to achieve organizational goals
- Motivate the team to deliver results through meeting and/or exceeding Workplan objectives
- Cultivate an atmosphere of cross-functional collaboration and reciprocal communication that creates a winning environment and inspires all to hold themselves and others accountable for delivering excellence
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of all Company policies as well as compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies
- M.S. degree or above required, with strong preference for health economics or equivalent health services field. MD, PhD or other clinical healthcare specialization desirable.
- 12+ years of relevant experience (health economics and outcomes research/global market access strategy) in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or related field, including at least 8 years of evidence generation experience and 5 or more years people management experience. Vaccines experience highly desirable.
- Prior experience with external stakeholders through Market Access or Policy work highly desirable.
- Competence in building and executing a comprehensive market access, market development or evidence generation strategy;
- Experience developing and managing a stakeholder engagement and/or evidence dissemination plan;
- Deep knowledge and/or ability to gather relevant insights on reimbursement and payment policy landscape and global healthcare systems;
- Experience executing HEOR studies using a range of standard techniques, including budget impact and cost-effectiveness models;
- A record of peer-reviewed publication of original work in health services/health economics;
- An understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory and clinical trials process;
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including experience explaining complex processes to a non-technical audience as well as presenting ideas to senior leaders;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a strong professional image and credibility;
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organization and incorporate cross-functional and regional input into strategic plans;
- Experience leading global projects and exposure to US and non-US perspectives;
- Experience in practical clinical trials and protocol development with an understanding of study designs that produce clinically and economically relevant value information;