Reporting & Analytics Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Reporting & Analytics Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will support Amgens Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) organization as part of the Sourcing & Contracting Operations team. The Reporting & Analytics Manager will enable visibility and develop insights into key business performance metrics to enable GSS to meet its business objectives. This position partners with GSS leadership, Global Business Solutions, Information Systems, and other cross-functional teams to continuously solicit feedback and implement changes and improvements. This position will work with the Sr. Manager Sourcing & Contract Operations based at Amgens Capability Center in Tampa, FL.Key Responsibilities
- Partner with GSS leadership and other stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities to develop insights to drive GSS performance
- Act as key authority for GSS core business performance metrics across the Source to Contract process and systems
- Understand the source of the GSS performance data and have in-depth knowledge of how it is generated
- Partner with Finance, Responsible Sourcing, Global Business Solutions and other cross-functional partners to deliver insights based on detailed data analysis
- Develop, build, enhance, maintain and or guide the development of sourcing and contracting reporting/metrics and analytic capabilities
- Understand the fundamentals of sourcing and procurement metrics, key performance indicators, etc. and benchmark against industry standards
- Drive the evolution of the GSS roadmap for business performance metrics and insights
- Make recommendations for further automation and continuous improvement opportunities to optimize data and analytics
- Serve as the administrator for key reporting and analytics systems including Tableau, etc.; establish proper system access for users of the GSS reporting and analytics systems/tools
- Work closely with IS partners on system configuration or enhancements
- Participate in testing activities for future implementations or enhancements of sourcing and contracting systems and data related integrations
- Support key initiatives driving digital enablement within GSS
- Provide global training, including ongoing support and guidance, for areas of responsibility, as needed
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a hardworking teammate with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree
- Master's degree and 2 years of Strategic Sourcing and/or Procurement and/or Information Systems and/or Shared Services and/or Data Science experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Strategic Sourcing and/or Procurement and/or Information Systems and/or Shared Services and/or Data Science experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Strategic Sourcing and/or Procurement and/or Information Systems and/or Shared Services experience and/or Data Science experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Strategic Sourcing and/or Procurement and/or Information Systems and/or Shared Services and/or Data Science experience
- Experience in an analytical role supporting Procurement or similar function
- Background in Data Science to develop insights that drive business performance
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated capability to manage many large complex data sets
- Outstanding communication and consulting skills with capability to translate findings into insights and recommend actions that directly support business needs
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data visualization software (Tableau or others)
- Experience managing large projects on a global scale involving multiple functions and shared accountabilities
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities, adapt to ever changing demands, and possess an intellectual curiosity, desire and ability to understand the business
- Strong problem solving, consulting, and management skills
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels of management and executives
- Experience in preparing executive communication to include written and oral presentations
- Ability to partner well with business and corporate support functions
- Ability to take initiative and work within an autonomous environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.