Incident Response Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Incident Response AnalystLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be part of our global team and is responsible for building services around incident identification, containment, eradication, recovery, and lessons learned.
In the capacity of Incident Response Analyst, you will support the Incident Commander(s) in tracking and reporting of escalated incidents following procedures and playbooks.
The Incident Response Analyst will contribute to and deliver services and projects that support the mission, priorities, and objectives of the organization.Job Responsibilities:
You will support Incident Response (IR) Operations and to ensure continuity of 24/7 security services. Areas of responsibility include:
- Execute the Global Incident Management Program in accordance with industry frameworks (e.g., SANS PICERL)
- Supports Incident Response Commander directly responsible for IR activities
- Leads reporting of security event monitoring, management, and response includes incident case management
- Ensure SLA compliance and process consistency to achieve operational objectives
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen Security Operations and Incident Response
- Lead coordination efforts with necessary partners to better understand activity or actions and their impact to Amgen's environment.
- Maintain and upkeep relevant playbooks for response
- Translate complex technical incidents into business language and be able to present the same to different audiences
- Demonstrate, integrate, and collaborate on enhancing existing information security solutions and services to address any gaps or deficiencies in the CSOC to address security risks.
- Collaborate with other Information Security teams and provide CSOC insight to where limited information security controls or solutions are present
- Collaborate, maintain, and build relationships with Amgen and other parties that may impact Cybersecurity services and technologies
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek has these qualifications.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science. Or
- Associates degree and 4 years of Incident Response Analysis experience. Or
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Incident Response Analysis experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to diverse target audiences
- Passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Broad knowledge of the workings of security-related controls like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware, secure gateways, security monitoring, data encryption and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrable experience within high performance team
- Skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Attention to detail and focus on providing vetted information
- Constantly updated with current information security trends and topics
- Experience in working with global virtual teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Must be team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Security +, AWS Cloud Practitioner, CEH
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.