Incident Response Specialist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be part of our global team and be responsible for building services around incident identification, containment, eradication, recovery, and lessons learned.
You will be directly responsible for organizing, training and equipping Amgen employees and contractors in a manner directly aligned with Amgens culture, principles, and core values.
In the capacity of Incident Response Specialist, you will craft and oversee standard operating procedures, field manuals, and operating instructions. As part of the investigation or remedial processes you will have to engage with key business and operational partners in managing the detection, response, and remediation of cyber related attacks on Amgens global enterprise.
The Incident Response Specialist is a leader in Amgens Digital Forensics & Incident Response team and is expected to contribute to and deliver services and projects that support the mission, priorities, and objectives of the organization.
This role is based in Thousand Oaks California or US-Remote
You will lead Incident Response (IR) Operations and to ensure continuity of 24/7 security services. Areas of responsibility include:
- Develop strategy and continuous improvement for Global Incident Management Program in accordance with industry frameworks (e.g., SANS PICERL)
- Fulfills critical role as Incident Response Commander directly responsible for IR activities
- Provides direction and guidance for workforce job proficiency by establishing and maintaining a comprehensive professional development plans
- Lead security event monitoring, management, and response
- Deliver accurate incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring
- Ensure SLA compliance and process consistency to achieve operational objectives
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen Security Operations
- Lead coordination efforts with necessary partners to better understand activity or actions and their impact to Amgen's environment.
- Maintain and upkeep relevant playbooks for response
- Translate complex technical incidents into business language and be able to present the same to different audiences
- Demonstrate, integrate, and collaborate on enhancing existing information security solutions and services to address any gaps or deficiencies in the CSOC to address security risks.
- Collaborate with other Information Security teams and provide CSOC insight to where limited information security controls or solutions are present
- Lead efforts to integrate critical CSOC data into Information Securitys metrics program to enable critical strategic, operational, and tactical decisions making
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Information Security and Amgen teams
- Collaborate, maintain, and build relationships with Amgen and other parties that may impact Cybersecurity services and technologies
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a response specialist with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Or Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 2 years of directly related experience
- Or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 5 years of directly related experience
- Or Associates degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science & 10 years of directly related experience
- Or High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with Agile principles and values
- Practical DFIR experience in AWS and Operations Technology (e.g., Purdue model layers 0-3.5)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to diverse target audiences
- Passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Broad knowledge of the workings of security-related controls like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware, secure gateways, security monitoring, data encryption and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Extensive experience with security application tools and systems, ie CrowdStrike
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrable experience within high performance team
- Skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Attention to detail and focus on providing vetted information
- Constantly updated with current information security trends and topics
- Experience in working with global virtual teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Must be team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry
CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GRID, AWS Security SpecialistThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.