Sr. Scientist, PREPIVOTAL DRUG PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIES
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Scientist, Pre-Pivotal Drug Product TechnologiesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will coordinate with partners to conduct research and evaluate innovative approaches that are patient centric, differentiated from the competition, and better serving to an expanded patient population. Responsibilities include:
- Assess enabling drug delivery technologies and application to Amgens early portfolio.
- Identify innovative novel drug delivery technologies to optimize patient experience.
- Support innovative preclinical and clinical development programs at the interface of synthetic and biologic modalities.
- Proactively interface and collaborate with counterparts across R&D and Process Development, Business Development and Amgens synthetics and biologics drug product organizations.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is an innovator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of scientific experience OR Master's degree and 5 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor's degree and 7 years of scientific experience.
- Doctorate Degree with 5+ years of industrial experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, Chemistry Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences or related field.
- Expertise in enabling oral delivery (e.g. permeation enhancement for synthetics or biologics), parenteral delivery (e.g. subcutaneous sustained release), inhalation, and/or topical), and/or alternative delivery (e.g. pulmonary, topical).
- Abilities to take initiative, work independently, and be flexible in responsibilities.
- Direct experience with formulation and drug product process development.
- Consistent track record of implementing innovative ways and ideas.
- Critical thinking to align and identify needs with incoming portfolio opportunities.
- Flexibility to work in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical science, analytical chemistry, and drug stability of synthetic and/or biologic modalities.
- Experience in contributing to/writing regulatory filings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for timely documentation, presentation, and discussion of scientific results in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team-based environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.