Director, Integrated Multi-Omics
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
- Guide Recursion’s strategy for multi-omic data generation and scaling methods to contribute to our ability to build and utilize our predictive approaches
- Build and manage a team of cross-disciplinary scientists to develop methods and approaches to utilize multi-omics to transform our approach to drug discovery.
- Innovate methods with a team of data scientists, biologists, data engineers and chemists to leverage Recursion’s uniquely broad and deep multi-petabyte biological dataset to crack open problems in drug discovery
- Collaborate - Work seamlessly in a cross-functional matrix organization with biologists, chemists, data scientists, data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
As Director, Integrated Multi-omics, you will report to the SVP, Biology and lead our cross-disciplinary, multi-omics initiatives, where teams of biologists, data scientists, data engineers and chemists are working to develop methods and analyses to enable the acceleration of Recursion’s drug discovery efforts from target ID to clinical candidate nomination. In your role, you will define Recursion’s roadmap for multi-omic data generation, scaling, integration with our phenomics data and ultimately utilization for accelerating our drug discovery workflow.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD and/or postdoctoral experience in -omics related research areas
- 3+ years work experience and demonstrated success as lead on interdisciplinary teams
- 3+ years experience developing and applying omics related analysis to solve critical questions in the drug discovery workflow
- Experience generating and analyzing data across multiple -omics platforms a plus
- Experience hiring and managing rapidly growing, diverse teams
- Recognized as a scientific leader in industry as demonstrated by track record of publications in high impact journals, grants awarded and/or contributions to patents
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.